MURRAY YOUTH CITY COUNCIL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Murray Youth Chamber of Commerce in the First Youth Commerce in Salt Lake County! We have become a state –recognized youth group. The MYCC has won the Association of Youth Council’s Award of Excellence. We have also been recognized by Salt Lake County with the Commission of Youth Award and were recognized by the Utah Department of Volunteerism in their national video.
An empowered Asset to our community, a valued and inspired future for our world.
The MYCC is a union of student leaders and business partners who come together through networking, internship, and community service.
Examples of service:
- Am. Cancer Society ‘Relay for life”
- Murray’s Haunted Woods
- 4th of July Parade- Give out 10,000 flags.
- Police/Fire health and safety fair.
- “Road home” Homeless youth Shelter
- Mentor/Tutoring program with youth
- Prevention of child abuse/domestic violence.
- Collaborating with local officials
- Round Table Meetings
- Candidate’s night
- “Get the Vote Out”
- Learning about community’s structure
- Legislation day on Capitol Hill
- City Tour with Mayor
- City council/Planning & Zoning
- Economic development
- City Master Plans
- City Commissions and Boards
- Critical Issues Conference
- Youth Council Leadership Institute
- Interaction with Professionals
- Disney Work Ethic Training
- Training for “7 habits for teens” by Sean Covey