BUSINESS LICENSING FEES
- Murray City requires that a valid business license be held by anyone conducting business within Murray City., Non-profit, charitable, governmental, and insurance agencies are also required to obtain a business license, although they may be exempt from license fees.
- “Business” means and includes every craft, trade, occupation, profession, or activity pursued for gain or profit excluding services rendered by and employee to an employer.
- Processing time is 7-10 business days. Murray City does not offer interim licensing.
- You must have your business license issued prior to opening / operating.
- Each business location will need a separate license .Murray City requires that written notice be submitted if a business has moved out of the City or is no longer conducting business. Please note that license fees are not refundable.
- Licenses are not transferable from address to address, nor from owner to owner.
- Minor changes, such as mailing address, may be submitted without an application.
- ALL persons or partnerships doing business in Utah under an assumed business name must register with the Secretary of State. Corporations, LLC’s, etc., must file articles & name registration. You can register online by clicking on the following link One Stop Business Licensing
Temporary and Seasonal Businesses
Temporary and seasonal businesses and special events are required to obtain licenses and permits prior to opening / operating. All other licenses, including temporary licenses, need to allow 10 business days for processing.
Renewal notices are mailed out on the first of the month in which the license expires. In order to avoid penalty fees, renewal forms and payment must be received in our office during normal business hours prior to the expiration date.
Licenses may be renewed on-line, if there are no major changes to the account. On-line renewals will be available beginning in the month of the license expiration date, and may be accessed through the following link: https://MurrayBusinessLicense.com
We do not accept post marks as timely payment and cannot be responsible for lost or misdirected mail. Responsibility of renewal is total responsibility of the Licensee. Failure to receive notices does not excuse this responsibility.
Our office address is:
4646 South 500 West, Murray, Utah 84123
Telephone: (801) 270-2420