- All ribbon cutting applications must be received 2 weeks prior to the date of the event for marketing purposes.
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies are only held Mondays – Thursdays 2:00 – 5:00pm. All cancellations must be received no later than 1 week prior to the event.
WHAT DOES THE CHAMBER DO FOR MY RIBBON CUTTING
- The Chamber will list your ribbon cutting on the events calendar page of our website and include in the calendar section of our weekly E-Newsletter (published on Tuesdays).
- The Chamber will send your ribbon cutting information to our Ambassadors, Chamber Board of Directors, Local Elected Officials & media. Although the media and elected officials will receive notice of the event we cannot guarantee they will attend.
- The chamber will provide specialty scissors, bow, ribbon and an agenda for use during the ceremony.
- Photos of the event will also be published on social media, The City Journals and Chamber newsletter following your event.
- Ribbon cutting recaps & photo links are shared with local media outlets. The Chamber cannot guarantee publication or placement.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO FOR MY RIBBON CUTTING?
- Complete the online Ribbon Cutting Application.
- Confirm your date and time with the Chamber.
- Prepare your remarks for the event.
o Pro-Tip: Make sure you have something to say. Keep your comments engaging & informative. Introduce your staff, offer a facility tour, etc.
- We encourage you to invite friends, family, colleagues, etc. to celebrate this momentous occasion.
- Please be respectful of others time and begin on time. Many of the attendees of the ribbon cutting events are Ambassadors, the Chamber’s volunteer group, and they often leave work and/or families to support your organization. Please be aware that the time of your event is published in the member communication and on the Chamber’s website and many attendees will depend on your promptness.
If you have any questions or need further assistance please contact the Chamber at (801) 263-2632 or firstname.lastname@example.org.